Thursday 15 August 2013

Care Workers Do Care

I want to say something about care homes because I work in one and I feel that the care workers have come under a lot of attack because of some really bad and abusive carers, the rest get slated as well.

Contrary to popular belief about care workers

I personally am not working in a care home because I am not skilled enough to do anything else. I could easily earn a lot more money than 6:70 per hour, if I had taken a job in retail. I actual passed-up a job in John Lewis for the job I have now....and also I left a good job in a coffee shop to take the job I am in now. Reason is, I know the state of some of the care homes and I made an intelligent and informed decision to go work there. That's the same for a lot of people who could earn more somewhere else where the manual work is less back-breaking and you don't get punched in the face or spit at on a regular basis or pooed on or vomited on either. Just customers buying stuff off you. Nice! But for me, unsatisfying and total massboredom.

You might think that a lot of the staff are mingers who don't care about their job and who can't be arsed to care for the residents properly. There are some like that, yea sure, there is in any job, some people who do stuff that is total inapropriate so that they shouldn't even be there working BUT the majority of staff in any care home, cares about their people.

No comments:

Post a Comment